Tuesday, January 18

Hello Hungry People!!!

Be careful<< this could make you hUngry..

My name is Boyd Simmerling and I have been a professional cook for ten years. I have worked and traveled throughout Canada, Australia, the Mediterranean and Central America.

I really, really love food. I love expensive food like foie, truffles and Kobe, but who doesn't? Even the most expensive ingredients can be ruined by improper preparation, poor company or the wrong atmosphere. What I'm always searching for is the perfect meal. It doesn't have to be expensive and can be found seemingly anywhere. 

For me a perfect meal is that exact combination of food, drink, company and environment. I've had many as I'm sure you have..

Hot lobster, melted butter, keg lager, in the sun, by the water..

Street tacos after wandering out of a tequila bar in Mexico...

Fresh Oysters and Champagne..

A thick piece of seared foie gras with some kind of fruit gastrique(sweet and sour), shaved truffles warmed in butter, on spiced frogbread..

Kobe Tartar..

GyozaKing, datenight with the wife.

Pupusas, after surfing all day in el Tunco, made by little old ladies laughing at you for ordering your twelfth.

Shepherd Pie after skiing all day. With Ketchup.

Anything. 4am.


I love all food so far except for gruel, nasty porridge. Disgusting. I love to learn about new food and share with people what I know.

Everyone I have met has had something to teach me about food.

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO COOK.

I can help. Ask questions.

I love to make dinner and you are welcome to join me but if you can't make it maybe something here will help you make a Delicious & Nutritious dinner all on your very own. You're Special.

This will be about the many things I know and the infinite questions there are about food.

Blessings on the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment